The Production Supervisor oversees all areas in the production department. They work with the Warehouse Supervisor, Human Resources, Health & Safety, and Allocation to ensure that production and other processes run smoothly. The Production Supervisor is responsible for training, organizing, delegating work and ensuring that employees are following their tasks. They ensure that all personnel in the production area are following all policies and procedures to ensures the final quality of the product, sanitation of the packing lines is upheld, and that all packed product is in the best condition for distribution. In the event of an absence, the Warehouse Manager will appoint another employee who has been fully trained and is competent to complete the job duties pertaining to the position of Production Supervisor.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures employees are aware of and follow their job descriptions and all company policies. Progressive discipline procedures must be adhered to when an employee does not meet quality, production, safety or other regulations. These procedures will be provided by NatureFresh™ Management. All non-conformance should be reported to the appropriate personnel
- Ensures any visitors or non-employees are aware of and follow NatureFresh™ food, safety, and quality policies
- Oversees and remains accessible to Line Leads to address personnel, machinery and organizational concerns
- Ensures that dry goods are stored in an organized and accessible manner
- Manages the team as per company standards. Written and verbal warnings are issued when necessary and all incidents and absenteeism should be reported to HR or Health & Safety
- Stays actively involved in employee hands-on training and follow-up to ensure all work is done efficiently and correctly – training and development is required on an on-going basis
- Reviews employee labor tracking system as well as notifies employees if they are not logging hours properly
- Motivates and encourages workers and communicates with them as necessary
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality regarding employee and job-related matters
- Ensures ongoing email communication with the Warehouse Supervisor and other departments impacted by activities in the production area
- Education is not a requirement – training is provided at orientation and on the job
- Reading, writing, oral communication and effective listening are essential job tools
- Confidence is necessary when dealing with difficult situations; each supervisor is provided with policies and procedures to assist them – if the situation persists, we encourage you to talk to your manager
- Leadership, development, treating others with courtesy, sensitivity and respect are all essential
- Attention to detail is essential
- Must have a commitment to continuous learning
- Must be able to make well-informed, effective and timely decisions
- Flexibility to change with new information and adapt to changing conditions and obstacles is essential
- Must be able to pass a background and drug test
- Employees must present themselves in a clean and professional manner
- Steel toe shoes/boots required in warehouse
- The Production Supervisor spends all their time in the Production area
- Availability must be open from Monday-Saturday
- Hours will fluctuate according to the needs of the business
- Working with diverse cultural backgrounds in a team setting but also working very independently
Wage is $19.00/hour to start, with a possible increase after 90-day probationary period. We also offer medical benefits and accrued time off.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
NatureFresh™ Farms USA inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.