The Production Supervisor is an essential part of the Distribution Team – their role is to support the repack operations by ensuring that the team is prepared for operations on a daily basis. They provide leadership to Line Leaders and other employees and ensure quality packaging of our product for market. They train and supervise personnel to follow all NatureFresh™ food safety and quality processes, policies, and procedures, and they help to ensure our customers receive only the best product.
This is a Production Supervisor position at our newest Leamington, ON Warehouse Distribution Center.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating labor plans for the packing operations based on production quantities
- Conducting regular meetings with workers to encourage and motivate them and update them on production and quality requirements
- Participating in daily Production meetings to coordinate and ensure production schedules and quality requirements are met
- Supervising workers including motivating, training and directing them, completing performance reviews; managing worker/labor related issues alongside Human Resources and hiring of new staff
- Maintaining production and operational records
- Communicating with Purchasing regarding needs, new merchandise, product returns, etc
- Must have experience managing a team
- Strong reading, writing, oral communication, and effective listening are essential skills
- Strong time management, delegation, planning and leadership skills are essential
- Flexibility, adaptability, and attention to detail are essential
- Must be committed to continuous learning as every day presents new information and exciting challenges
- Must be available to work Monday through Saturday; an average of 50-60 hours per week
- Time spent in production area and office setting
- Walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day
- Team-oriented environment with some independent work
- Working with a team made up of people from different cultural backgrounds
- Fast-paced environment that is constantly changing
Salary/compensation will be based on experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.