We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as a Production Supervisor at our distribution center operation in Laredo, TX.
The Production Supervisor oversees all areas in the production department. They work with the Division Manager, Human Resources, Health & Safety, and Commodity to ensure that production and other processes run smoothly. The Production Supervisor is responsible for training, organizing, delegating work, and ensuring that employees are following their tasks. They ensure that all personnel in the production area are following all policies and procedures to ensures the final quality of the product, sanitation of the packing lines is upheld, and that all packed product is in the best condition for distribution.
- Responsible for confirming with Production Planner, that required product (produce and dry goods) is on site for pending production. Timing is critical and if product is not on site, Production Supervisor must make arrangements to have product brought on site. If necessary, along with the production Planner amend the Repack schedule to pack other products until the required supplies are on site. All of the above must be done without delays to customer shipments
- Review pending sales orders in Famous to plan the schedule for the next day of production. Amend the production schedule as sales orders are revised, cancelled or new orders are received throughout the day
- Coordinate preparation of shipments with the Shipping/Receiving Supervisor
- Track progress throughout the day to ensure that ship times will be met and make required personnel adjustments to meet deadlines
- Monitor Line Leads to ensure that they are keeping their respective lines running smoothly and completing all paperwork pertaining to their employees on the line which may include but not limited to Post operational, job sheets pertaining to each job completed, line set up sheet
- Remain accessible to Line Leads to address personnel, machinery, and organizational concerns
- Ensure that dry goods are stored in an organized and accessible manner
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of human and material resources
- Review staff hours, job sheets and make any necessary corrections in Priva
- Review production data from Line Leads to ensure correctness
- Ensure that the production area is kept clean by following the cleaning procedures and organized with specific locations for the placement of pallets, produce, dry goods and refuse
- Ensure ongoing communication with the Division Manager and other departments impacted by activities in the production area
- Must have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent for this position
- Relevant warehouse experience within the last 5 years, preferably within production responsibilities
- Previous Supervisory experience is preferred
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to coach, delegate, provide direction to staff and resolve issues fairly
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other software programs
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast environment by multitasking and prioritizing work while being attentive to details and quality
- Ability to embrace and adapt to the rapid growth, innovation, and development of the company
- Ability to troubleshoot and take corrective action as needed
- Ability to address difficult situations confidentiality, professionally and respectfully
- ERP systems (like Microsoft NAV) experience considered an asset
- Spanish is an asset
- The Production Supervisor spends all their time in the Production area
- This position works in an office and warehouse setting
- Working with a wide array of people/cultures in a team setting. These include offshore workers, locals, contractors, and vendors, etc.
- Fast paced warehouse environment where temperatures vary from cooler to temperature-controlled areas to warmer environments in the warehouse
- Working with minimal supervision during the day, but also communicating with different individuals and teams across our facilities and from external organizations
- Balance between sitting, standing, and walking throughout the warehouse
- Expected to work daytime hours Monday – Saturday, hours my fluctuate according to business needs
- Walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day
- Must be capable of lifting and handling heavy loads (up to 30 lbs.)
Compensation: $16.00 to $22.00 per hour
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply in person at 10228 Crossroads Loop – Laredo, TX 78045. By Fax at (956) 307-3028, or through www.naturefresh.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.