Nature Fresh Farms is a Leamington-based greenhouse company with facilities in Leamington, ON, Delta, OH, and Laredo TX. Our company and its innovative, dynamic team is expanding every day, growing new plant varieties and introducing cutting-edge ideas and practices to the fresh produce industry. However, at Nature Fresh, we don’t just grow plants – we also grow people. Our team is passionate about bringing the highest quality products to consumers, but it is also committed to creating an inspiring, diverse, and team-oriented workplace environment that everyone can enjoy. Nature Fresh Farms is a recognized leader within the greenhouse farming industry – join our team and help us continue to grow!
We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as a Purchasing Manager at our Distribution Center in Leamington, ON.
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Purchasing Department, including, sourcing, materials and supplies, managing vendors/suppliers/staff and maintaining control over inventory on hand.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Managing, delegating, and organizing all activities within the Purchasing department including purchasing of all dry goods and services from internal and external organizations.
- Tracking all purchases and purchasing costs.
- Reviewing and tracking all price increases/decreases with Purchaser. Preparing communications to management about developments and impact for the Company.
- Ensuring transfers are arranged to move packaging between internal and external locations as needed for production.
- Working with cross functional teams like Sales, Warehouse, Logistics, etc.
- Establish a Dry Goods forecast with Sales history and forecast and review with applicable Purchaser.
- Weekly reporting on the department to management.
- Attending trade shows/vendor meetings as needed to find new products and new product sources.
- Ensure vendor compliance with food safety standards.
- Maintain vendor scorecards to track vendor performance.
- Facilitate business reviews with key-suppliers twice a year.
- Continuous improvement of purchasing systems and processes.
- Managing the department budget.
- Processing returns and exchanges.
- Reporting and receiving credits for missing products that were not shipped.
- Enquiring about warranties, maintaining warranty records, requesting warranty services or replacements.
- Maintaining relationships with current vendors, meet with and vet new/potential vendors.
- Frequently review inventory levels with Purchases and analyze if inventory needs to be moved around.
- Motivating, coaching, and training staff.
- Participating in staff interview and hiring processes as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in business administration, material management or related field.
- Experience as a Purchasing Manager or similar position.
- Good knowledge in supply chain management or materials management.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- A high degree of confidentiality and integrity is required regarding all aspects of the business.
- Knowledge of the greenhouse produce industry would be a definite asset.
- Supply Chain Management, Logistics and general business courses would be an asset
- Demonstrated abilities to motivate and co-ordinate staff including coaching, employee development and leading teams to performance standards.
- Strong critical thinking and negotiation skills.
- Customer service orientation, strong level of professionalism and attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and ERP are required.
- Ability to identify issues and problem solve using appropriate resources internally and externally.
- Ability to report to senior management in a timely and accurate manner.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in a professional work environment.
- Open to work in a changing work environment and able to multi-task.
- Mainly office setting with some warehouse as needed – walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day.
- Working with a diverse group of people at all levels.
- The Purchasing Manager is expected to work Monday-Friday, with occasional Saturdays as required. Hours may fluctuate according to business needs. May be required to work after hours.
Salary – Based on experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to send your resume by fax at 519-326-6356, through Indeed, or company website. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Nature Fresh Farms is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome applications from candidates, in accordance with all relevant legislation. Nature Fresh Farms provides an accessible environment in which all individuals have access in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.