We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time Quality Control position in our Warehouse Farm operation in Leamington, ON.
As a member of the Quality Control team you work with the warehouse and greenhouse teams to ensure the final product that we are packing, and shipping meets or exceeds NatureFresh™ Farms quality standards. The Quality Control team guarantees that all packed products are in the best condition possible for distribution. We are committed to ensuring our customers get only the best fresh produce from our farm, and our Quality Control team is essential to achieving this goal!
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Checking the quality of bins from the greenhouse and the quantity of produce coming into the warehouse from the greenhouse
- Assessing the product specifications and testing them with customer requirements
- Checking and recording specifications, such as fruit size, weight, width, length, color, and any imperfections
- Inputting the observations into an Excel spreadsheet
- Completing other duties as requested by the Supervisor
- Ensuring product compliance within legal and quality standards
- Preparing reports, discussing progress and requirements with the Growers and Management Team
- Inspecting, recording and reporting the quality status of all incoming, outgoing and current commodities
- Experience in Quality Control is an asset
- Excel and computer skills would be an asset
- Attention to detail is a must
- Time management
- Must have great verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to distinguish colours
- Good communication skills and attention to detail are essential
- Must be available to work 6 days a week, Monday to Saturday; hours will fluctuate according to business needs
- Working with minimal supervision for most of the day
- Working at heights
- Working in cool and warm environments
- Walking, sitting and standing throughout the day
Compensation will be based on experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to submit your resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 519-326-6356. If you do not have a resume, please complete the information boxes below.