Nature Fresh Farms is a Leamington-based greenhouse company with facilities in Leamington, ON and Delta, OH as well as Laredo, TX. Our company and its innovative, dynamic team is expanding every day, growing new plant varieties and introducing cutting-edge ideas and practices to the fresh produce industry. However, at Nature Fresh, we don’t just grow plants – we also grow people. Our team is passionate about bringing the highest quality products to consumers, but it is also committed to creating an inspiring, diverse, and team-oriented workplace environment that everyone can enjoy. Nature Fresh Farms is a recognized leader within the greenhouse farming industry – join our team and help us continue to grow!
We are currently looking to fill a permanent, full-time Quality Control Inspector position for our Farms operations in our Leamington, ON location.
As a member of the Farm Warehouse Quality Control team you work with the warehouse and greenhouse teams to ensure the final product that we are packing, and shipping meets or exceeds Nature Fresh Farms quality standards. The Quality Control team guarantees that all packed products are in the best condition possible for distribution. We are committed to ensuring our customers get only the best fresh produce from our farm, and our Quality Control team is essential to achieving this goal!
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Checking the quality of bins from the greenhouse and the quantity of produce coming into the warehouse
• Assessing product specifications and testing them with customer requirements
• Checking and recording specifications, such as fruit size, weight, width, length, color, and any imperfections
• Inspecting, recording, and reporting the quality of all incoming, outgoing and current commodities
• Inputting observations into an Excel spreadsheet in addition to using QC One
• Identify and communicate findings in a timely informative manner
• Maintaining an open line of communication with line leads and supervisors
• Ensuring product compliance within legal and quality standards
• Preparing reports, discussing progress and requirements with the Growers and Management Team
• Other duties as assigned by the company.
• Experience in Quality Control is a definite asset
• Good computer skills, especially Excel would be preferred
• Time management skills
• Must have great verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to distinguish colours
• High degree of attention to detail and working to set timelines are essential
• Working with minimal supervision for most of the day, however must also be able to work well with employees at all levels
• Working at heights
• Working in cool and warm environments
• Walking, standing, sitting throughout the day
• Quality Control is expected to work Monday-Saturday. Hours may fluctuate according to business needs. May be required to work after hours as needed.
• This is an active role, standing and walking within the Warehouses or other phases as required.
• Some lifting required up to 25 lbs.
Salary: Based on experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to send your resume through Indeed, or company website. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Nature Fresh Farms is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome applications from candidates, in accordance with all relevant legislation. Nature Fresh Farms provides an accessible environment in which all individuals have access in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection.