We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time Quality Control position in our Distribution Center in Leamington, ON.
As a member of the Quality Control team, you work with the warehouse and greenhouse teams to ensure the final product that we are packing, and shipping meets or exceed Nature Farm Farms quality standards. The Quality Control team guarantees that all packed products are in the best condition possible for distribution. We are committed to ensuring our customers get only the best fresh produce from our farm, and our Quality Control team is essential to achieving this goal!
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Checking the quality of bins from the greenhouse and the quantity of produce coming into the warehouse from the greenhouse.
- Assessing the product specifications and testing them against customer requirements.
- Checking and recording specifications, such as fruit size, weight, width, length, colour, and imperfections.
- Inputting the observations into an Excel spreadsheet.
- Ensuring product compliance within legal and quality standards.
- Preparing reports, discussing progress and requirements with the management team.
- Inspecting recording, and reporting the quality status of all incoming, outgoing, and current commodities.
- Completing other duties as requested by the supervisor.
- Experience in Quality Control is an asset.
- Excel and computer skills would be an asset.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Time management.
- Must have great verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to distinguish colours.
- Safety shoes are mandatory.
- Working with minimal supervision for most of the day.
- Working at heights.
- Working in a cool environment.
- Walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day.
Salary – $20/Hour
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to send your resume by fax at 519-326-6356, through Indeed, or company website. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Nature Fresh Farms is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome applications from candidates, in accordance with all relevant legislation. Nature Fresh Farms provides an accessible environment in which all individuals have access in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.