We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as a Quality Control Supervisor at our Distribution Center in Leamington, ON.
The Quality Control Supervisor oversees and monitors the inspection and testing of produce to ensure adherence to established quality standards. They are responsible for coordinating the activities of workers who are involved in inspecting materials and ensuring that they meet the quality standards specified by the company and customers.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assign outbounds and IB orders to each team member and follow up on progress.
- Provide weekly reports to Quality Manager for each QC employee on any concerns/issues.
- Conduct daily meetings with QC team to communicate departmental/company matters.
- Maintain daily contact with Quality Manager and other departments such as Production and Commodities to address and follow up with operational issues and concerns.
- Ensure daily cleaning of equipment and sign offs are completed. Ensure equipment is working properly and address any equipment concerns to Quality Manager.
- Communicate regularly with the team to ensure they are aware and follow their responsibilities and all company policies and procedures.
- Provide hands-on training and follow up with new hires; however, training, development, and coaching occurs regularly throughout the department.
- Participate in Employee Relations and work collaboratively with Quality Manager for progressive discipline, coaching/discussions, performance reviews, and investigations.
- Complete monthly calibration of equipment.
- Plan, delegate, and lead their team to improve performance and standards of quality through motivation and encouragement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of Quality Control experience.
- Previous Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other software programs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment by multitasking and prioritizing work while being attentive to details and quality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the aptitude to coach, delegate, provide direction to staff and resolve issues fairly.
- Ability to embrace and adapt to the rapid growth, innovation, and development of the company.
- Ability to troubleshoot and take corrective action as needed.
- Address difficult situations confidentially, professionally, and respectfully.
- Safety shoes are mandatory.
- Must be available to work the continental shift (3 days one week, 4 the next week), 11 am-11pm.
- Fast paced warehouse environment where temperatures vary from cooler to temperature-controlled areas.
- Working with a wide array of people/cultures in a team setting. These include guest workers, locals, contractors, and vendors etc.
- There may be an occasional need for some heavy lifting.
- Balance between sitting, standing, and walking throughout the warehouse.
Salary/compensation will be based on experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply by email at firstname.lastname@example.org , by fax at 519-326-6356 or through indeed. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Nature Fresh Farms is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome applications from candidates, in accordance with all relevant legislation. Nature Fresh Farms provides an accessible environment in which all individuals have access in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.