We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as a Quality Control Supervisor at our distribution center operation in Laredo, TX.
The Quality Inspector Supervisor oversees and monitors the inspection and testing of produce to ensure adherence to established quality standards. They are responsible for coordinating the activities of workers who are involved in inspecting materials and ensuring that they meet the quality standards specified by the company and customers. This position maintains quality standards by approving incoming products, in-process production, and finished products, recording quality results.
- Assigns outbounds (OB) orders to each team member and follows up on progress
- Completes weekly reports for each QC employee on any OB rejections and/or inbound (IB) issues
- Completes employee scheduling and monitors time and attendance. Addresses attendance concerns to Quality Manager (and/or Division Manager) and HR Generalist
- Conducts daily meetings with QC Team to communicate departmental/company matters
- Maintains daily contact with Quality Manager and other departments such as Production and Commodities to address and follow up with operational issues/concerns
- Ensures daily cleaning of equipment and sign offs are completed. Ensures equipment is working properly and address any equipment concerns to Quality Manager and/or Division Manager
- Communicates regularly with the team to ensure they are aware and follow their responsibilities and all company policies and procedures
- Provides hands-on training and follow up to new hires; however, training, development and coaching occurs regularly throughout the department
- Participates in Employee Relations and works collaboratively with Human Resources for progressive discipline, coaching/discussions, performance reviews and investigations.
- Completes monthly Pulp thermometer testing
- Plans, delegates, and leads their team to improve performance and standards of quality through motivation and encouragement
- 1-3 years of Quality Control experience
- Supervisory Experience, Quality Control Experience, Knowledge of Manufacturing Processes, Apprenticeship in Production Planning preferred
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to coach, delegate, provide direction to staff and resolve issues fairly
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other software programs
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast environment by multitasking and prioritizing work while being attentive to details and quality
- Ability to embrace and adapt to the rapid growth, innovation, and development of the company
- Ability to troubleshoot and take corrective action as needed
- Ability to address difficult situations confidentiality, professionally and respectfully
- ERP systems (like Microsoft NAV) experience considered an asset
- Spanish is an asset
- This position works in an office and warehouse setting
- Working with a wide array of people/cultures in a team setting. These include offshore workers, locals, contractors, and vendors, etc.
- Fast paced warehouse environment where temperatures vary from cooler to temperature-controlled areas to warmer environments in the warehouse
- Working with minimal supervision during the day, but also communicating with different individuals and teams across our facilities and from external organizations
- Balance between sitting, standing, and walking throughout the warehouse
- Expected to work daytime hours Monday – Saturday, hours my fluctuate according to business needs
- Walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day
- Must be capable of lifting and handling heavy loads (up to 30 lbs.)
Compensation: $16.00 to $22.00 per hour
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply in person at 10228 Crossroads Loop – Laredo, TX 78045. By Fax at (956) 307-3028, or through www.naturefresh.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.