We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as Receiving Supervisor at our Distribution Center in Leamington, ON.
The Receiving Supervisor provides guidance to the receiving team to ensure inbound orders are accurate in quantity and that they have arrived intact and unbroken. They also provide a role in ensuring the workplace is clean, orderly, and safe by reporting equipment malfunctions. They also guide employees to success by training on policies and procedures and operational knowledge to enhance receiving department activities.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures success of the Receiving team through coaching and advising the team on how to improve their productivity, training, and overall performance.
- Report and participate in investigating labour and H&S related incidents alongside Human Resources and Department manager.
- Organize the movement of products and supplies from company to company in the most efficient manner.
- Receives and unloads incoming materials in an accurate manner to ensure it aligns correctly with inventory.
- Receive transfer sheets for incoming product.
- Organize and prepare shipments to other companies/farms.
- Ensure cooler is organized and proper cooler rotation and procedure is being followed.
- Review inbound POs to develop a plan for offloading of materials and communicate plan to the receiving team.
- Coordinate with the Shipping Department to prioritize the offloading of materials.
- Coordinate the release of the shipments with Production, QC and Commodities.
- Communicate with various departments throughout the Company to rectify discrepancies.
- Keep an accurate and organized Local Logistics Schedule for all departments involved to reference.
- Coordinate with Truck Drivers to plan efficient routes for daily pick ups.
- Ensure that various checks are performed including inspection of pre-ops for forklifts and truck interior for each load.
- Ensures employees are aware and follow all company policies.
- Ensures job descriptions are understood and followed.
- Assign and maintain workloads during down times by assigning employees to assist in shipping, and cleaning, etc.
- Assist the Shipping/Receiving Manager on various assignments and projects that may arise.
- Assist the Shipping/Receiving Manager with team schedule and hiring to ensure full coverage on all shifts and workload is distributed evenly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of experience in demonstrated abilities in supervising a team.
- High degree of confidentiality regarding employee and job-related matters.
- Experience and comfort in working with computers and software programs, specifically inventory systems and Excel.
- Excellent communication abilities, active listening skills and written communication skills.
- Previous experience in a produce warehouse setting would be considered an asset.
- Previous forklift or material handling experience would be considered an asset; however, training will be provided as needed.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment, some independent work.
- Ability to work in a fast environment by multitasking and prioritizing work while being attentive to details and quality.
- Ability to embrace and adapt to the rapid growth, innovation, and development of the company.
- Safety shoes are mandatory.
- Fast paced warehouse environment where temperatures vary from cooler to temperature-controlled areas.
- Working with a wide array of people/cultures in a team setting. These include offshore workers, locals, contractors, and vendors, etc.
- Must be available Monday through Sunday for continental shift: 10:00am – 10:00pm, scheduled 3 to 4 days per week on a two-week rotation including every other weekend and holidays if required. Hours can fluctuate according to the needs of the business.
- There may be an occasional need for some heavy lifting (when needed).
- Balance between sitting, standing, and walking throughout the warehouse – some desk and forklift driving are required.
Compensation will be based on experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to submit your resume to Human Resources at email@example.com or by fax at 519-326-6356. If you do not have a resume, please complete the information boxes below.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.