Nature Fresh Farms is a Leamington-based greenhouse company with facilities in Leamington, ON and Delta, OH. Our company and its innovative, dynamic team are expanding every day, growing new plant varieties and introducing cutting-edge ideas and practices to the fresh produce industry. However, at Nature Fresh, we don’t just grow plants – we also grow people. Our team is passionate about bringing the highest quality products to consumers, but it is also committed to creating an inspiring, diverse, and team-oriented workplace environment that everyone can enjoy. Nature Fresh Farms is a recognized leader within the greenhouse farming industry – join our team and help us continue to grow!
We are looking for a self-motivated Security Guard who will be responsible for the safety and security of Nature Fresh employees, assets and properties including greenhouses, warehouses, distribution center, bunkhouses, maintenance, and general buildings.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Patrol Nature Fresh premises in a vehicle or on foot where required, to prevent and detect signs of intrusion, unauthorized access, suspicious occurrences, unsafe conditions, safety violations, unauthorized persons and other security issues
- Respond to all security and first aid events
- Follow established policies and protocols for preventative surveillance, unauthorized trespassing on Company property
- Respond to Facility alarms, investigate, and record disturbances, report to Manager as determined.
- Provide First Aid as an initial responder for all facilities on shift
- Participate in scheduled Security meetings
- Protect evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations
- Write daily reports and incident reports to document all Security/Loss Prevention related incidents
- Must have a valid Security Worker’s License
- Must have a valid Occupational First Aid and CPR certification
- One-year experience as a Security Guard
- Clean criminal record
- Attention to detail in all areas of security operations
- Must be able to effectively follow and give directions
- Strong conflict management and diplomacy skills
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude; able to work with individuals at all levels in the organization
- Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality and integrity regarding all aspects of the business
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and good driving record
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts – 6 am – 6 pm, 7-day rotation
- Travels from one location to the next or phase to phase throughout the 12-hour shift is required – extended driving, walking, and sitting
- Working with minimal supervision for most of the shift
- Must be available to work flexible 12-hour shifts; and work in adverse climates/environments
- High degree of confidentiality regarding employee and company-related matters
Salary – Based on experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to send your resume by fax at 519-326-6356, through Indeed, or company website. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Nature Fresh Farms is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome applications from candidates, in accordance with all relevant legislation. Nature Fresh Farms provides an accessible environment in which all individuals have access in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.