We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time Senior Buyer at our Distribution Center in Leamington, ON.
The Senior Buyer is responsible for the coordination of materials for our Canadian Distribution Center and 3rd party growers. They also submit POs in support of the direction from the purchasing manager and inventory requirements.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor inventory levels of assigned commodities, to maintain healthy stock levels and to increase the inventory turns.
- Communicate PO requirements to the Purchasing Administrator.
- Continually analyse incoming goods verses forecast/demand, establish re-order points in the system.
- Coordinate packaging requirements for 3rd party growers.
- Coordinate weekly transfers and sales orders.
- Highlights potential obsolete material, non-moving material to the Dry Goods Purchasing Manager for review.
- Researching items requested, requesting a quote, ordering the most reasonable item based on price, warranty, service, quality, and availability. Generate quote summary and present to Purchasing Manager.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Dry Goods Purchasing Manager.
- 3 or more years in proven experience in the agricultural/produce industry and/or purchasing, consumer packaging and/or material planning.
- Extensive knowledge in MS Office (specifically Excel), ERP systems and CHEP program.
- Post-secondary education in Purchasing/Inventory Management is preferred but not a requirement.
- Excellent communication abilities, active listening skills and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain respectful relationships at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Must be hands-on and process oriented, always looking to improve processes.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment, some independent work.
- Ability to work in a fast environment by multitasking and prioritizing work while being attentive to details and quality.
- Ability to embrace and adapt to the rapid growth, innovation, and development of the company.
- Valid drivers license and use of personal vehicle are required as needed.
- Spanish considered an asset.
- Most of the day is spent in the office.
- Fast paced warehouse environment where temperatures vary from cooler to temperature-controlled areas.
- Working with a wide array of people/cultures in a team setting. These include guest workers, locals, contractors, and vendors, etc.
- Hours of work are full time Monday to Friday 8am-5pm with Saturdays and Holidays (as needed).
- Must be capable of lifting and handling heavy loads (up to 30 lbs.).
- Balance between sitting, standing, and walking throughout the warehouse.
Salary – Based on experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to send your resume by fax at 519-326-6356, through Indeed, or company website. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Nature Fresh Farms is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome applications from candidates, in accordance with all relevant legislation. Nature Fresh Farms provides an accessible environment in which all individuals have access in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.