Nature Fresh Farms is a Leamington-based greenhouse company with facilities in Leamington, ON and Delta, OH. Our company and its innovative, dynamic team is expanding every day, growing new plant varieties and introducing cutting-edge ideas and practices to the fresh produce industry. However, at Nature Fresh, we don’t just grow plants – we also grow people. Our team is passionate about bringing the highest quality products to consumers, but it is also committed to creating an inspiring, diverse, and team-oriented workplace environment that everyone can enjoy. Nature Fresh Farms is a recognized leader within the greenhouse farming industry – join our team and help us continue to grow!
We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as a Senior IT Analyst at our Farm in Leamington, ON.
Nature Fresh Farms has been recognized as a technology leader by multiple industry associations. These recognitions are a result of an ongoing commitment to leverage technology to advance the business. When you join our team, you will see that we are leaders in adoption not just in agriculture, but across all industries. This provides a unique learning environment where you can grow your skills through exposure to cutting edge technology.
2016 Ingenious Award Winner – Information Technology Association of Canada
2017 Ingenious Award Finalist – Information Technology Association of Canada
2017 Digital Transformation Award Finalist – IT World Canada
Articles from industry leaders featuring our IT team at Nature Fresh Farms:
Dell Technologies: Growing Fruit and Vegetables with Data | Dell Technologies Canada
With over 900 employees, our Senior IT Analyst plays an integral role in keeping our company connected by supporting critical business operations and ensuring all employees can communicate seamlessly. As our company continues to grow, we are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a collaborative team and can muti-task within our fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Job Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Complete work orders and project tasks for network, system, software, and end-user support.
- Provide end-user remote support.
- Complete internal and customer facing documentation.
- Administer and provide user accounts.
- Provision and support of desktop, laptop, mobile devices, cellular phones, and VoIP phones for users
- Install and configure enterprise network equipment including routers, enterprise switches and wireless access points.
- Install and troubleshoot structured network cabling and server rack patch panel installations.
- Setup and configure access to shared printers, multifunction devices and packing line printers.
- Configure and administer file and printer shares.
- Troubleshoot network, server, and desktop incidents.
- Perform fixes to desktops and laptops including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware peripherals, and configuring systems and applications.
- Ensure system security is maintained by installing and updating enterprise antivirus and anti-malware.
- Install and configure IP cameras.
- Provide after-hours support during scheduled on-call rotations escalating issues to the team as required.
- Provide excellent customer service and support to non-technical users.
- Participate in the planning, installation, configuration, and maintenance of server-based systems.
- Over time and once experienced, may perform duties of team lead to prioritize and assign service desk tickets to team members
- Mentor and coach members of the team
- Propose and deploy continuous improvement practices to improve efficiencies of the team
Demonstrated experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Troubleshooting network, server, and system issues both remotely and on-site.
- Supporting current desktop and cloud-based applications (ex: Microsoft 365)
- Planning, deploying, and managing virtual desktop and virtual application environments.
- Maintaining current backup and data replication infrastructure.
- Administering and supporting Windows Server 2012 R2 and beyond.
- Installing, managing, and supporting Microsoft DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, File and Print Services.
- Working knowledge implementing and supporting Azure Active Directory.
- Installing, managing, and supporting Microsoft SQL Server.
- Administering and supporting domain‑joined Windows 10 with Group Policy.
- Implementing and administering security measures in an enterprise IT environment.
- Planning and deploying Layer 3, Firewall, SD-WAN and VPN technologies is an asset.
- Deploying and managing multi-factor authentication is an asset.
- Knowledge of advanced computing hardware, including desktops, laptops, mobile devices, VoIP phones, network printers and multifunction devices.
- Structured cabling techniques including termination, verification, qualification and certification of network cabling, ability to terminate fiber optic is an asset.
- Installing, configuring, and managing enterprise wireless infrastructure.
- Installing, configuring, and managing enterprise switch environments.
- Additional duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Degree or certificate from a program in Computer Systems, Information Technology or Network Administration or related field is preferred.
- 3+ years equivalent work experience in a network support role
- 3+ years equivalent work experience in a Help Desk technical role.
- Relevant work experience in supporting a greenhouse production environment is a definite asset.
- Current IT industry certification (MCP, MCDST, MCSA, CompTIA A+, Network+, VCSA) is an asset.
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communications skills – fluent in written and oral English.
- Spanish proficiency is a plus.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, excellent attention to detail
- Able to effectively work independently and collaborate with a team.
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Able to research IT technical topics and apply critical thinking and experience to apply solutions.
- Excellent consulting and customer service skills; able to review customer business IT requirements and position solutions.
- Ability to present technology ideas and concepts to non-technical users.
- Proven analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prepare network and system documentation.
- Able to maintain a high-level of confidentiality with company information.
- Must be available to work Monday to Friday and occasional Saturdays with rotating after-hours and weekend on-call.
- A valid driver’s license and personal vehicle is required.
- Walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day.
- Working conditions in a range of temperatures (refrigerated to hot/cold greenhouse environment)
- Must be able to lift, up to 30 lbs. without assistance.
- Office work with some travel between locations in the Leamington area is required.
- Ability to work safely at heights with ladders or aerial lifts.
- Ability for occasional travel to locations in the US and Mexico.
- Working at heights
- Temperatures in the greenhouse may fluctuate between hot and cold
Salary: Based on experience.
Nature Fresh Farms is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome applications from candidates, in accordance with all relevant legislation. Nature Fresh Farms provides an accessible environment in which all individuals have access in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.