Reporting to the Director of Quality, the Senior Quality Manager is responsible for managing the quality administration and research and development team. The goal is to help preserve and enhance our reputation by ensuring that our products and services are in line to help drive sustainable growth. They will collaborate with other departments throughout the Company to collect and present data based on customer satisfaction rates and continuous improvement strategies.
- Ensure the success and management of the Quality Administration and Research and Development Team by coaching on how to improve their productivity, training, and overall performance.
- Oversee the sample creation and shipping process for customer samples.
- Manage and review quality and shelf-life studies.
- Use Power BI reporting methods to compile and analyze statistical data.
- Assist the Director in the preparation and management of long-term planning, budgets, and reports.
- Monitor KPI’s for each department and escalate action plans when KPIs are not being met.
- Complete root cause analysis of customer complaints.
- Implement corrective action plans and ensure smooth process transition as needed with the quality control management team.
- Assist in implementing effective quality control processes.
- Ensure that all products delivered by suppliers meet the quality requirements in close collaboration with the procurement team.
- Remain current with new regulations, standards, and customer requirements.
- Assist vendors and internal departments with troubleshooting issues with PTI labels, UPC barcodes and label files.
- Timely communication of quality issues to local and upper management as they arise.
- Ensure adherence to company health and safety guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of produce experience is a requirement.
- Label View, Clarisoft, Microsoft NAV experience is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of all commodities and potential defects to ensure the shipment of product meets the customer specifications.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Exceptional communication abilities, active listening and written communication skills.
- Displays strong initiative and able to work independently with little direction, within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytic, problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Very high degree of confidentiality and integrity required regarding all aspects of the business.
- A valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle are required.
- Mainly office setting with some warehouse/greenhouse as needed – balance between sitting, standing, and walking throughout the day.
- Working with minimal supervision during the day, but also communicating with different individuals and teams across our facilities and from external organizations.
- There may be an occasional need for some heavy lifting (when needed).
- Some travel between local Nature Fresh facilities may be required.
- Must be available Monday to Friday with extended hours including weekends, after hours, and holidays as needed.
Compensation – Based on experience
Job Type: Full-time