Nature Fresh Farms is a Canadian-based greenhouse company with facilities in Delta, OH, Laredo, TX, and Leamington, ON. Our company and its innovative, dynamic team are expanding every day, growing new plant varieties, and introducing cutting-edge ideas and practices to the fresh produce industry. However, at Nature Fresh Farms, we don’t just grow plants – we also grow people. Our team is passionate about bringing the highest quality products to consumers, but it is also committed to creating an inspiring, diverse, and team-oriented workplace environment that everyone can enjoy. Nature Fresh Farms is a recognized leader within the greenhouse farming industry – join our team and help us continue to grow!
We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as a Shipping/Receiving Forklift Driver at our Distribution Center in Laredo, TX.
As a member of the Shipping/Receiving team, the Shipping/Receiving Forklift Driver is an essential part of the Distribution Center team. They are responsible for ensuring products are received, shipped, and handled in a timely, accurate and safe manner, and equipment is maintained.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are followed to ensure that the product has not been contaminated.
- Load and unload inbound and outbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations. Product must be efficiently stacked and stored in appropriate areas.
- Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensure that the exact quantity and type of product is loaded and shipped according to orders.
- Inspection and verification of all shipments and incoming goods against packing slips and are free of damage.
- Inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift and other equipment.
- Undertake physical inventory counts and stock checks.
- Material handling and use of scan guns.
- Updating and maintaining all necessary paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Preparing packing slips and ensuring coordination with driver.
- Ensuring equipment maintenance program is maintained and all safety measures and requirements are met.
- Ensure all walkways are kept free of debris to prevent slips, trips and falls as well as clean up any items lying around such as cords, baskets etc.
- Complete various cleaning tasks throughout the facility. The warehouse must stay organized, and FIFO must be practiced at all times.
- Maintain appropriate records and reports to guarantee accurate inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Forklift training must be completed.
- Forklift experience is mandatory, minimum of 1 year.
- Must be always safety conscious and follow all Occupational Health and Safety Act regulations and Company Policies/Procedures.
- Able to work well with minimal supervision for most of the day.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and attention to detail are essential.
- Must display a respectful, and positive attitude.
- Basic, efficient math skills required.
- Reading, writing, oral communication, and effective listening skills are essential job tools.
- Safety shoes are mandatory for this position.
- Must be able to pass a background and drug test.
- Fast paced warehouse environment where temperatures vary from cooler to temperature-controlled areas to warmer environments in the warehouse.
- Balance between sitting, standing, and walking throughout the warehouse.
- Working with minimal supervision during the day but also communicating with other departments as
- There may be an occasional need for some heavy lifting (when needed).
Compensation – $15.00/hour
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, please apply through this posting, or apply through our company website www.naturefresh.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Nature Fresh Farms USA Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.