The Shipping and Receiving Forklift Operator will ensure that contamination of our products has not occurred by following all policies and procedures set out by Nature Fresh Farms. In the event of an absence, the Shipping Supervisor will appoint another employee who has been fully trained and is competent to complete the job duties pertaining to the position of Shipping & Receiving Forklift Operator.
- Loading and unloading of trucks, unpacking received goods
- Inspection and verification of all shipments and incoming goods against packing slips
- Outbound – Forklift Operator is required to complete the inspection outlined on Pick Ticket.
- Completes “Food Safety Check”
- Uses the Pick Ticket(s) and loading sheet to load proper products
- Confirms all Nature Fresh Farms Inc. inspection labels are removed
- Tracks type of pallets (blue or other) recorded at the bottom of Pick Ticket
- Overages – removes cases for produce over-shipped
- Incorrect Produce due to coloring, size, or commodity – Notifies the Shipping Supervisor about any irregularities
- Mislabeled packs or boxes (Country of Origin, pack size, pack weight, box weight) – Notifies the Shipping Supervisor of any mislabeled products
- When any discrepancies are corrected, Forklift Operator completes loading trailer and signs off on Pick Ticket
- Completes various cleaning throughout the facility
- Employee is able to complete all work duties and procedures efficiently, according to instructions given by supervisor and/or manager. Employee can complete duties with minimal supervision.
- With an active and dynamic work environment, the Shipping & Receiving Forklift will be standing, walking, and bending.
- Fast paced work environment; must be attentive to details and quality.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds
- Ability to work varying shifts including weekends and holidays
- Safety shoes are mandatory
- Walking, sitting and standing throughout the day
- Hours will fluctuate according to the ongoing needs of the business
- Working with minimal supervision during the day/night but also communicating with other departments as necessary
- The warehouse may be cold at any time during the year
Compensation will be based on experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.