Nature Fresh Farms is a Canadian-based greenhouse company with facilities in Delta, OH, Laredo, TX, and Leamington, ON. Our company and its innovative, dynamic team are expanding every day, growing new plant varieties, and introducing cutting-edge ideas and practices to the fresh produce industry. However, at Nature Fresh, we don’t just grow plants – we also grow people. Our team is passionate about bringing the highest quality products to consumers, but it is also committed to creating an inspiring, diverse, and team-oriented workplace environment that everyone can enjoy. Nature Fresh Farms is a recognized leader within the greenhouse farming industry – join our team and help us continue to grow!
We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as a Shipping Supervisor at our Distribution Center in Laredo, TX.
The Shipping Supervisor provides guidance to the shipping team to ensure all orders are accurate in quantity and that they have been staged and loaded without any damage. They also provide a role in ensuring the workplace is clean, orderly, and safe by reporting equipment malfunctions. They also guide employees to success by training on policies and procedures and operational knowledge to enhance shipping department activities.
- Ensures success of the Shipping team through coaching and advising the team on how to improve their overall performance. Ensuring they are trained properly for all departmental processes and procedures.
- Report all labor and H&S related incidents.
- Ensure that the orders are picked accurately, following allocations and QC tagged product to ensure proper product is shipped to each customer.
- Ensure all information filled out on pick tickets are accurate and neat.
- Organize and prepare shipments for customers.
- General house keeping including maintaining a clean work area and equipment.
- Assist the team when needed with heavy work loads, picking, and loading trucks.
- Coordinate with the Receiving Department to prioritize the offloading of materials.
- Communicate with various departments throughout the Company to rectify discrepancies.
- Attend daily production meetings to address any issues or delays for daily shipments.
- Coordinate with Receiving and local the dispatch coordinator to ensure all product needed is picked up on time to meet ETAs.
- Ensure that various checks are performed including inspection of pre-ops for forklifts and truck interior for each load.
- Ensure employees are aware and follow all company policies.
- Ensure job descriptions are understood and followed.
- Assign and maintain workloads during down times by designating employees to assist in receiving, and cleaning, etc.
- Assist the Shipping Manager with performance reviews, incident reports, H&S investigation.
- Assist the Shipping Manager on various assignments and projects that may arise.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of experience in demonstrated abilities in supervising a team.
- Previous experience in a produce warehouse setting would be considered an asset.
- 2 years of experience with forklift or material handling is required.
- High degree of confidentiality regarding employee and job-related matters.
- Experience and comfort in working with computers and software programs, specifically inventory systems and Excel.
- Excellent communication abilities, active listening skills and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment, some independent work.
- Ability to work in a fast environment by multitasking and prioritizing work while being attentive to details and quality.
- Ability to embrace and adapt to the rapid growth, innovation, and development of the company.
- Safety shoes are mandatory.
- Must be able to pass a background and drug test.
- Fast paced warehouse environment where temperatures vary from cooler to temperature-controlled areas to warmer environments in the warehouse.
- Balance between sitting, standing, and walking throughout the warehouse.
- Working with minimal supervision during the day but also communicating with other departments as
- There may be an occasional need for some heavy lifting (when needed).
Compensation will be based on experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, please apply through this posting, or apply through our company website www.naturefresh.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Nature Fresh Farms USA Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.