The Shipping Supervisor oversees all areas in the shipping department. They ensure that all personnel in the shipping area are following all policies and procedures to ensures the final quality of the product, the sanitation of the Shipping department is upheld, and that all packed product is in the best condition for distribution. The Shipping Supervisor guarantees that all NatureFresh™ procedures are being followed and training is implemented when needed for all personnel in the shipping area. In the event of an absence, the Warehouse Manager will appoint another employee who has been fully trained and is competent to complete the job duties pertaining to the position of Shipping Supervisor. In the event that there is not another employee suitable for the position, the Warehouse Manager will step in to perform all duties of the Shipping Supervisor.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures employees are aware of and follow all company policies
- Ensures job descriptions are understood and followed
- Reports all non-conformance to appropriate personnel
- Ensures any visitors or non-employees are aware and following NatureFresh™ food safety and quality policies
- In the event of an absence the Warehouse Manager will fill in for this position
- Responsible for all “pick ticket” entries into Famous
- Responsible for various other entries into computer programs.
- Identifies pick ticket errors and works with Inventory Coordinator to make correcting entries
- Receives transfer sheets for incoming product
- Ensures bill of loading is included when assembling documentation to accompany shipments
- Prepares customs paperwork and attaches ACE manifest received from Shipper
- Performs driver “check in” and confirms carrier for shipments
- Coordinates release of the shipments with QC/Allocations Manager
- Ensures that various checks are performed including inspection of truck interior for each load
- A Class B CDL is required
- Employee is able to complete all work duties and procedures efficiently, according to instructions given by supervisor and management
- Employee can complete duties with minimal supervision
- Employee can provide accurate information to their supervisor based on their knowledge of duties and responsibilities
- Employee is accustomed to all Health and Safety policies and procedures put out by NatureFresh™
- Employee has the ability to communicate well with fellow employees and their supervisor(s)
- Leadership, development, treating others with courtesy, sensitivity and respect are essential
- Attention to detail is essential
- Must have a commitment to continuous learning
- Must be able to make well-informed, effective and timely decisions
- Flexibility to change with new information and adapt to changing conditions and obstacles is essential
- Must be able to pass a background and drug test
- Employees must present themselves in a clean and professional manner
- Steel toe shoes/boots required in warehouse
- Availability must be open from Monday-Saturday, possible Sunday at times
- Hours will fluctuate according to the needs of the business
- Working with diverse cultural backgrounds in a team setting but also working very independently
Wage is $18.00 to $20.00/hour US, depending on experience. We offer a shift premium on afternoon shifts. After 90 day probationary period, we also offer medical benefits and accrued time off.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
NatureFresh™ Farms USA inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.