As Staff Accountant, you will be responsible in assisting the Controller with accounting functions as they relate to Nature Fresh Farms, Nature Fresh Farms USA, Nature Fresh Farms South Mexico, and Ketler Farms. You will assist in month end duties, analysis, and process improvements on all of our farming operations.
Job Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Financial Reporting: Assist in preparing and consolidating financial statements for all farming operations and related companies.
- Financial Analysis: Analyze and interpret financial results and compare to budget. Work with the finance team to explain variances.
- Financial Accounting: Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for month end close. Prepare and post journal entries for prepayments, long term debt, and various accruals.
- Payroll: Assist Controller to ensure payroll is posted accurately and wage accruals are completed. Assist in year end payroll reconciliations.
- Audit: Assist finance team in annual audit for all companies. Work with auditors to prepare requested schedules and analysis.
- Treasury: Assist in cash flow projections for farming operations.
- Process Improvements: Assist in developing, documenting, and implementing internal controls. Assist in identifying inefficiencies and revamping processes.
- Budgeting: Assist and take part in creating the budget for farming operations
- Other ad hoc requests as assigned
- Progressive Accounting Experience 3-5 years
- Agriculture industry experience is considered an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word) – Knowledge of Power BI an asset
- Experience with Financial/Accounting software is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships of trust & ability to convey complex ideas concisely to all levels of the organization
- Must be flexible with the ability to adapt to changing business requirements in a growing company
- Must be organized with extreme attention to detail
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Time management skills are required to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, organize work and problem solve.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality regarding all Company related matters.
- Good team player with the ability to effectively communicate written and verbally.
- Full-time hours Monday to Friday
- Office setting
- Walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day.
Salary: Based on experience.