Nature Fresh Farms is continuously looking to fill permanent fulltime positions for Supervisors at our greenhouse/packing operations in Leamington, ON.
Our Supervisors play a key role in completing day-to-day greenhouse vegetable operations to ensure the necessary produce is harvested and packaged to meet customer orders and standards. It is a Supervisor’s responsibility to ensure that employees apply proper plant maintenance for successful plant growth, picking and packing for quality production. Supervisors will often be assigned to specific areas that are most suited towards their skill set.
Job responsibilities include; but are not limited to:
- Coaching employees and demonstrating proper plant maintenance processes such as pruning, twisting, de-leafing, picking, clipping, string tying etc. on an on-going basis
- Planning, delegating, motivating the team well to improve performance and quality, while ensuring work is done efficiently, correctly and up to quality standards.
- During crop turnover they are responsible for ensuring all cleanout tasks and start up tasks are completed including ensuring the greenhouse is cleaned and ready for planting
- Monitoring plant conditions and reporting any concerns to the Growers.
- Ensuring production lines are organized, prepared, cleaned and maintained and ensuring only quality products are packaged
- Maintaining and completing pre-operational and post cleaning procedure checklists for production lines
- Training, organizing and developing work schedules
- Collaborating with the Growers to ensure proper allocation of staff and work
- Aiding in pest monitoring and helping staff identify pest and disease problems
- Ensuring all company health and safety and food compliance policies, procedures and standards are adhered to while upholding and monitoring quality control to ensure standards are met at all times
- Maintaining confidentiality of all proprietary information, as well as other Company data, including personnel information
- Monitoring and reporting maintenance needs to the Growers and Maintenance Department or preforming minor repairs in the greenhouse or warehouse, as needed.
- Providing feedback, performance reviews and if necessary; apply progressive discipline processes for non-compliances, in a respectful manner
- Completing required paperwork according to policies set out by NatureFresh
- Supervisor experience within greenhouse operations is required
- English is Required
- Spanish is an Asset.
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- Good written skills are required and basic mathematics.
- Attention to detail is essential
- Must be a team player
- The greenhouse environment can be very hot, humid, moist, or cold for most of the year
- The greenhouse environment may have bees, bugs, and pests
- Working with a team made up of people from distinct cultural backgrounds
- Hours will fluctuate to reflect ongoing needs of the business, approx. 44-60 hours per week.
- Available to work Monday through Saturday
- Walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day
- Some heavy lifting
- Utilizing and pulling a scissor cart
Compensation: is based on experience $18 – $25, group benefits, stat pay and 2 weeks’ vacation per year.
Work Locations: 525 Essex Rd 14 & 645 HWY 77, Leamington ON
Intended job posting audience; anyone that can legally work in Canada.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.