Our Supervisors play a key role in completing day-to-day greenhouse vegetable operations to ensure the necessary produce is harvested and packaged to meet customer orders and standards. It is a Supervisor’s responsibility to ensure that employees apply proper plant maintenance for successful plant growth, picking and packing for quality production.
Job responsibilities include; but are not limited to:
- Coaching employees and demonstrating proper plant maintenance processes such as pruning, twisting, de-leafing, picking, clipping, string tying etc. on an on-going basis
- During crop turnover they are responsible for ensuring all cleanout tasks and start up tasks are completed including ensuring the greenhouse is cleaned and ready for planting
- Monitoring plant conditions and reporting any concerns to the Growers.
- Ensuring production lines are organized, prepared, cleaned and maintained to Health and Safety standards and ensuring only quality products are packaged
- Planning, delegating, motivating and lead the team well to improve performance and quality, while ensuring work is done efficiently, correctly and up to quality standards
- Training, organizing and developing work schedules
- Collaborating with the Growers to ensure proper allocation of staff and work
- Aiding in pest monitoring and helping staff identify pest and disease problems
- Ensuring all company health and safety and food compliance policies, procedures and standards are adhered to while upholding and monitoring quality control to ensure standards are met at all times
- Maintaining confidentiality of all proprietary information, as well as other Company data, including personnel information
- Monitoring and reporting maintenance needs to the Growers and Maintenance Department or preforming minor repairs in the greenhouse or warehouse, as needed.
- Maintaining and completing pre-operational and post cleaning procedure checklists for production lines
- Providing feedback, performance reviews and if necessary; apply progressive discipline processes for non-compliances, in a respectful manner
- Completing required paperwork according to policies set out by NatureFresh
- Supervisor experience within greenhouse operations is required
- English is Required
- Spanish is an Asset.
- Excellent oral communication skills are essential
- Attention to detail is essential
- Must be a team player
- Must wear safety shoes.
- The greenhouse environment can be very hot, humid, moist, or cold for most of the year
- The greenhouse environment may have bees, bugs, and pests
- Working with a team made up of people from different cultural backgrounds
- Hours will fluctuate to reflect ongoing needs of the business-44-55
- Available to work Monday through Saturday
- Walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day
- Some heavy lifting
- Utilizing and pulling a scissor cart
$18 – $22 will be based on experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.