We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time Trials Development Manager position at our farm in Leamington, ON. This is a 12 month contract position.
The Trial Development Manager oversees all aspects of ordering the trial seeds to observations and reporting. They assist with recognizing and assessing potentially viable new varieties. the different. The Trial Developer has a good understanding of what would be beneficial to plant the following year in the crop and can forecast accordingly.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and manages relationships with seed companies and seeks new opportunities
- Sends data/observations to the seed companies
- Obtains quotes and manages ordering and receiving of the seeds. When inputting orders, the Trial Developer also generates their own purchase order number rather than contacting Purchasing. Liaises with Purchasing to order supplies.
- Conducts tests of the trials. Tests include shelf-life testing, sugar/acid testing and general production. During and after the testing, reports are created and sent to the seed companies
- Arranges seeds for propagation
- Arranges test panels and creates reports with the observation
- Stays in contact with Sales/Marketing regarding any potentially viable new varieties.
- Orders seeds for the Ohio location.
- Business trips are required to visit with different seed companies. Potentially trips to Europe, the U.S and Canada.
- Manages the R&D team
- Actively involved in employee hands on training and follow-up to ensure all work is done efficiently and correctly. Training and development is required on an on-going basis
- Motivates and encourages workers and communicates with them as necessary
- Plans, delegates and leads the team well to improve performance and quality
- Completes compulsory paperwork according to policies set out by Nature Fresh
- Works closely with our other R&D facilities and trial centres.
- 3-5 years in a similar role is considered an asset
- Excellent relationship and customer service skills
- Effective communication and listening skills are essential
- Proven leadership and development skills
- Organization and effective scheduling experience
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Makes well-informed, effective and timely decisions
- Flexibility to change with new information and adapt to changing conditions and obstacles
- Very high degree of confidentiality and integrity required regarding all aspects of the business.
- Computer literate, especially with Excel.
- Work independently but also part of a team
- A valid drivers license and use of a personal vehicle are required
- A valid passport and ability to travel locally and internationally are required.
- The Trial Developer is expected to report to work from Monday-Saturday – flexibility may be required.
- High degree of confidentiality in regard to employee and job-related matters
- Travel is a requirement of this position
- Compensation – Based on experience.
- Walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day.
Salary – Based on experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply by fax at 519-326-6356, through Indeed, or company website. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Nature Fresh Farms is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome applications from candidates, in accordance with all relevant legislation. Nature Fresh Farms provides an accessible environment in which all individuals have access in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.