We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position of Warehouse Janitor for the afternoon shift at our Distribution Center in Leamington, ON.
As part of the Distribution Center team, the Warehouse Janitor is responsible for ensuring that our facilities are cleaned and tidied regularly. Food safety is of top concern at our operation, and to meet food safety and quality standards, proper cleanliness and sanitation are essential.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsible for maintaining the appearance of the interior and exterior areas of the Distribution Center:
- Keeping building and grounds neat, clean, free from clutter/garbage/debris/weather and safe from hazards.
- Cleaning interior and exterior windows.
- Maintaining cleanliness of parking lots, walkways, entrances/exits, etc.
- Emptying garbage, recycle bins and any other trash/garbage materials.
- Dusting, disinfecting, or cleaning various surfaces such as railings, lights, doors, walls, racks, equipment, ceiling rafters, etc.
- Sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming hallways, stairs, offices, etc.
- Clean and sanitize all break/lunchrooms.
- Clean and sanitize all washrooms and locker rooms.
- Thoroughly clean all floors using Zamboni and maintain cleanliness of all floors throughout the shift including spills, debris from pallets/produce, damaged product, etc.
- Assist in set up of decorations, tables, chairs, and clean up, to prepare for Company events such as parties and meetings, etc.
- Operate machinery to perform janitorial duties such as Zamboni, forklift, power washer, etc.
- Act as coverage for Office Janitorial.
- Report any maintenance/housekeeping repairs or safety concerns to the Assistant Warehouse Manager.
- Monitor janitorial supplies and inform DC Coordinator if in need of restock or missing items.
- Follow and complete daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly cleaning schedules and checklists and submit to Assistant Warehouse Manager.
- Keep janitorial closets and equipment rooms clean, organized, and stocked.
- Carry out heavy cleaning tasks and special projects as assigned by Warehouse Manager.
- Follow OHSA guidelines for handling chemicals and use of proper protective equipment as required for daily duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous janitorial /cleaning experience preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of forklift experience.
- Ability to use cleaning chemicals and janitorial equipment/machinery safely and correctly.
- Ability to work safely in a fast-paced warehouse.
- Safety shoes are required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to carry out work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Positive attitude and ability to work well with others.
- Fast paced warehouse environment where temperatures vary from cooler to temperature-controlled areas.
- Standing/walking for extended periods of time.
- Bending, crouching, kneeling, twisting, and reaching as needed.
- Some working at heights when needed.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to send your resume by fax at 519-326-6356, through Indeed, or company website. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Nature Fresh Farms is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome applications from candidates, in accordance with all relevant legislation. Nature Fresh Farms provides an accessible environment in which all individuals have access in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.