We are currently seeking a professional, self-motivated individual to join our team in the full-time position of Warehouse Manager in our Leamington, ON Farm operations.
The Warehouse Manager oversees warehouse operations across all phases ensuring food safety, proper packaging, quality, shipping, labour and training requirements are met. They ensure the Warehouse Team’s success by coaching and advising WH Supervisors on how to improve their productivity, training and overall performance of their teams. They ensure quality processes are followed to maintain client relationships and work daily to meet production quotas.
Job Responsibilities include, But are not Limited to
• Travels to each phase daily to monitor production, quality, staffing and provide guidance to supervisors; works collaboratively with the Assistant Warehouse Manager to ensure daily production requirements are met.
• Coaches new and current supervisors on how to clearly train and explain proper packing processes to employees so they understand how and why work has to be done a specific way.
• Monitors cost of production and makes adjustments to procedures and staff to achieve improvements
• Ensures production pack out numbers are entered accurately and efficiently by the team
• Is in contact with Sales daily to provide updates on quantity and rate of completion
• Assesses improvements versus replacement decisions concerning equipment
• Is always attentive to the level of quality of packing to ensure they meet company and customer standards.
• Requests reviews/reports from HR to analyze production
• Sources new and innovative processes and ideas to improve quality and efficiency
• Completes performance reviews, participates in hiring staff and manages the discipline process, as required, with HR
• Communicates with the Greenhouses, Growers, Maintenance team
• Communicates with Purchasing regarding needs, new merchandise, etc.
• During cleanout season assists the Greenhouse Manager and greenhouses with anything that may be required
• 3 to 5 years experience as a manager, prferably working in a warehouse or greenhouse managing staff, operations
• Proven leader that has successfully implemented process improvement, safety and training initiatives.
• Success at meeting key operational quotas and deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate, influence and lead teams across multiple sites; has a passion for building an engaged culture
• Must have a strong commitment to quality and ability to provide good customer service
• Excellent attention to detail, ability to follow directions and problem-solving to identify and resolve discrepancies
• Must maintain a professional and positive attitude
• Must possess a sense of urgency to work in a time sensitive, fast-paced team environment
• Good teamwork and management skills; able to work with employees at all levels and across all departments
• Critical thinking and ability to make decisions in a timely manner; good judgement and fairness are key
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office especially excel skills
• Valid driver’s licence and personal vehicle are required
• Spanish is an asset
• Works with a wide array of people in a team setting in a variety of settings (greenhouse, warehouse, etc.)
• Daily travel from phase to phase is required
• Walking and standing most of the day
• Work hours Monday-Saturday, hours may fluctuate according to business needs
Salary is based on experience
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply in person at 634 Mersea Rd 7, by fax at 519-326-6356, or through www.naturefresh.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.