We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as a Warehouse Manager at our distribution center operation in Laredo, TX.
Overview: The Warehouse Manager oversees all areas in the warehouse. Warehouse Manager is responsible for the employees assigned to work in the warehouse facility. Warehouse Manager shall be knowledgeable in Health & Safety Regulations. The Warehouse Manager ensures that all personnel in the warehouse facility are following all policies and procedures to ensure the final quality of the product, as well as, the sanitation of the facility and that all packed product is in the best condition for distribution. Warehouse Manager guarantees that all Nature Fresh procedures are being followed and implementing training when needed for personnel in the facility. In the event of an absence, the senior management will appoint another employee who has been fully trained and is competent to complete the job duties pertaining to the position of Warehouse Manager. In the event that there is not another employee suitable for the position, the Senior Management will step in to perform all duties of the Warehouse Manager.
- Warehouse Manager reports directly to the Director of Operations.
- Continually monitors the product realization process to ensure effectiveness and efficiency for achieving the food safety and quality objectives.
- Ensures the organization is properly supervised and staffed with competent and trained workers knowledgeable of food safety procedures and policies.
- Ensures that production operations are staffed with personnel in charge of, or delegated responsibility for ensuring product quality.
- Warehouse Manager ensures that the food safety and quality policy are communicated and understood by Nature Fresh personnel.
- Responsible to monitor trends in customer satisfaction and, when required, take action to address opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed at all times. All Health and Safety policies and procedures established by management must be followed at all times.
- Trained in Health and Safety Awareness Training to ensure all employees employed with Nature Fresh are trained and knowledgeable of Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Warehouse Manager must be competent of supervising employees to work safely and in accordance with OH&S Act.
- When the use of fork-lift is required, the proper training and certification will be completed.
- All Health and Safety policies and procedures pertaining to this position will be initially trained at orientation, and in refresher training completed annually or as needed. A hardcopy of the Health and Safety policies and procedures Handbook pertaining to Nature Fresh is located in the employee break area, in the Human Resources office, or online on the company web for review at any time.
- Any non-conformance or inquiries pertaining to health and safety must be brought to the attention of your supervisor and will be dealt with accordingly.
- Five years prior warehouse management experience in automated production of food or produce handling and inventory systems
- Five years prior experience supervising employees in similar environment
- Experience managing a diverse workforce in a culturally competent manner
- Demonstrated abilities to motivate and co-ordinate staff including coaching, employee development and leading teams to performance standards.
- Ability to maintain respectful relationships at all levels within and outside the organization while working in a fast-paced environment with time sensitive deadlines.
- Problem solving, and organization skills are a must
- Knowledge of the greenhouse/farming industry would be an asset
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to identify issues and problem solve using appropriate resources internally and externally.
- Ability to report to senior management in a timely and accurate manner.
- Spanish is an asset.
- Most of the day is spent in warehouse setting.
- Working with a wide array of people/cultures in a team setting.
- Fast paced warehouse environment where temperatures vary from cooler to temperature-controlled areas to warmer environments in the warehouse.
- Balance between sitting, standing and walking throughout the warehouse.
- Expected to work Monday – Saturday, hours may fluctuate according to business needs.
- Must be capable of lifting and handling heavy loads (up to 30 lbs.)
- Walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day
Compensation: Depending on experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply in person at 10228 Crossroads Loop – Laredo, TX 78045, through www.naturefresh.ca, or Indeed.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Nature Fresh Farms USA Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.