Nature Fresh Farms is a Leamington-based greenhouse company with facilities in Leamington, ON and Delta, OH. Our company and its innovative, dynamic team is expanding every day, growing new plant varieties and introducing cutting-edge ideas and practices to the fresh produce industry. However, at NatureFresh™, we don’t just grow plants – we also grow people. Our team is passionate about bringing the highest quality products to consumers, but it is also committed to creating an inspiring, diverse, and team-oriented workplace environment that everyone can enjoy. Nature Fresh Farms is a recognized leader within the greenhouse farming industry – join our team and help us continue to grow!
We are currently looking to fill permanent a full-time position for a Warehouse Manager for our Farms operations in our Leamington, ON location.
The Warehouse Manager oversees all aspects of warehouse operations across all production phases. Ensuring food safety, health and safety, product allocation, quality, shipping, labour scheduling and training/coaching requirements are met. They ensure the warehouse team’s success by creating an engaging work environment, improving productivity, efficiency, and overall performance of their teams. Working directly with all other Nature Fresh departments to ensure production and quality goals are met.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all production warehouses for Nature Fresh in Leamington. Focusing on strategic operational planning, volume forecasting, labour scheduling, expansions, new projects, equipment acquisitions, etc.
- Prepares a weekly coverage schedule for their team and themselves. Travels to all production phases daily to monitor production, quality, staffing and follows up with supervisors to address any concerns, provide direction and updates etc.
- Works closely with their team, ensures they receive the training and coaching required to develop strong leaders within their respective departments.
- Approve/deny employee time off, expense reports and timecards within deadlines required to ensure smooth completion of payroll.
- Manage employee time off/schedules to ensure full coverage of the departments.
- Ensures the warehouse is effectively supervised and staffed with competent and trained employees, knowledgeable of all production practices, including food safety and health and safety procedures and policies.
- Overseeing and working closely with the Allocation team to ensure timely and effective scheduling of order requirements.
- Overseeing and working closely with the Farm Dry Goods Coordinator to ensure inventory levels are maintained as needed.
- Overseeing and working closely with the Shipping and Quality Supervisor to ensure product is held to acceptable standards as per specification requirements, ensuring product is shipped on time and quantities are correct.
- Developing and implementing strategies to optimize warehouse operations, reduce costs, and improve productivity.
- Tracking key performance indicators and developing reports to analyze operational performance, utilizing the resources given to them, such as QC One, Priva, and Business Central.
- Develops business cases for senior management for the purchase of new equipment or modification of current equipment, to increase productivity.
- Manages the annual performance review process for all warehouse employees and collaborates with his leadership team to deliver the performance reviews.
- Participates in the hiring of all staff including participating in interviews and selection of final candidates.
- Manages the progressive discipline process. Works with HR to issue verbal and written warnings as necessary. Coaching for improvement is essential to improve quality and behavioural deficiencies.
- If required, conducts termination with employees alongside the HR Manager
- Coordinating and communicating with other departments to ensure seamless continuity between production, sales, logistics, as well as maintenance, purchasing, finance etc.
- Places work orders as needed and communicates with the Maintenance team as necessary.
- Attends weekly management meetings and schedules and runs supervisor update meetings.
- Assessing warehouse labour requirements based on business needs, taking into consideration greenhouse productivity and seasonal productivity. This may also include moving employees from one warehouse location to another warehouse.
- Additional duties as assigned by the company.
- 3 to 5 years experience as a manager, working in a warehouse or greenhouse managing staff, operations, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, motivate, encourage, and lead teams; passion for building an engaged culture.
- Must have a strong commitment to quality and ability to provide good customer service.
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to follow directions and problem-solving to identify and resolve discrepancies.
- Must always maintain a professional and positive attitude.
- Must possess a sense of urgency to work in a time sensitive, fast-paced team environment.
- Good teamwork and management skills; able to work with employees at all levels and across all departments.
- Critical thinking and ability to make decisions in a timely manager; good judgement and fairness are key.
- Very high degree of confidentiality and integrity required regarding all aspect of the business and employee matters.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including good excel skills.
- Valid driver’s licence and personal vehicle are required.
- Spanish is a valued asset.
- The warehouses may be hot, cold, or humid, at any time and during the production season.
- Working with a wide array of people in a team setting, these include locals, offshore workers, contractors, vendors, growers, management, sales, maintenance, purchasing, HR, etc.
- Travel from phase to phase is required – extended periods walking and standing.
- The Warehouse Manager works an average of 55 hours per week Monday – Saturday. Hours fluctuate based on business needs; you may be required to work after hours.
Salary: Based on experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply by fax at 519-326-6356, through Indeed, or company website. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Nature Fresh Farms is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome applications from candidates, in accordance with all relevant legislation. Nature Fresh Farms provides an accessible environment in which all individuals have access in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.