Nature Fresh Farms is currently seeking fulltime Warehouse Supervisors at our greenhouse operations in Leamington, ON.
A Warehouse Supervisor works in a dynamic team environment alongside General Laborers, Forklift Drivers, Quality Control, Machine Operators, and the Human Resources team to ensure production and other processes within the warehouse operation are running smoothly. If production quotas are met while maintaining quality and safety standards, employee performance, and a positive team atmosphere the Warehouse Supervisor has done their job well.
Job responsibilities include; but are not limited to:
• Coaching and training employees on proper packing/warehouse procedures
• Planning, delegating, motivating and leading the team daily to improve performance, while ensuring work is done efficiently, correctly and up to quality standards
• Collaborating with the Warehouse Manager and Warehouse Supervisors to ensure proper allocation of staff and work
• Ensuring production lines are organized, prepared, cleaned and maintained to Health and Safety standards and ensuring only quality products are packaged
• Ensuring all production requirements are met daily
• Ensuring quality standards are met at all times and compliance of all Health and Safety and Food Safety policies and procedures are maintained
• Providing feedback, conducting performance reviews and if necessary; applying progressive discipline processes for non-compliances, in a respectful manner
• Monitoring and reporting maintenance needs to the Maintenance Department or performing minor repairs as needed.
• Maintaining and completing pre-operational and post cleaning procedure checklists for production lines
• Maintaining confidentiality of all proprietary information, Company data, and personnel information
• Completing required paperwork according to policies set out by Nature Fresh Farms
• Supervisory experience is an asset but not a requirement
• Previous experience in a warehouse facility is an asset
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
• Must be a team player and able to effectively lead and direct the work of others
• Attention to detail is essential
• English is required
• Ability to speak Spanish is a definite asset
• Available to work Monday through Saturday; flexibility is required to meet the changes in production levels and greenhouse seasons
• Winter temperatures are comfortable however summer temperatures can be very warm and humid
• Hours will fluctuate according to the ongoing needs of the business
• Working with minimal supervision during the day but also communicating with the Warehouse Manager and HR as necessary
• Walking, sitting, standing and some heavy lifting throughout the day
• Wage will be based on experience
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply by fax at 519-326-6356, or through www.naturefresh.ca or Indeed.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted