- Wash and core peppers then cut pepper into medallion size pieces, dredge in seasoned flour. The flour will only stick to one side.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the medallions, and cook until nicely browned, approximately 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the medallions to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven while you make the sauce.
- To the same skillet, add the vegetable stock and fresh lemon.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer until the liquid is reduced by a third.
- Add in the butter, stirring until melted.
- Transfer the medallions to dinner plates and drizzle with the sauce.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Chef’s Tip: You can make this recipe into a primavera piccata by adding your favorite vegetables and following the same process.