- In a sauce pan over medium-high heat, melt butter and add in Beefsteak Tomatoes, onions, garlic and salt; cook until tender.
- Add in basil, vegetable broth, and pepper; stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a simmer, and then lower heat to medium-low.
- Let cook for approximately 15 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Top with cheese & garnish in basil before serving.
Chef’s tip: To make a vegan soup, substitute fresh mozzarella for a soy based cheese, while omitting butter.