- Wash produce before preparing.
- Cook brown rice in 3 cups of water.
- While that is cooking, heat up rice vinegar, vegetable oil, sugar, and salt in a saucepan until sugar dissolves. Let cool.
- When rice comes to a boil, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Let rice cool until it is warm.
- Mix rice with vinegar mixture until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is sticky.
- Peel and dice cucumber and slice avocado; set aside.
- Layer Cucumber at the bottom of a one-cup measuring cup.
- Pack rice on top of the cucumber to fill the cup.
- Place a plate face down on the cup, hold together, and turn both over so the plate rests on the counter top or table.
- Top with Avocado
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Optional: break up pieces of dried seaweed or nori on top for the full sushi experience!
Drizzle gluten free soy sauce over this recipe to add a little more flavor!
Thanks to the Gluten Intolerance Group for providing us with this great recipe.