- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease and flour a 9 inch x 11 inch rectangle pan.
- Wash, core, and chop the Bell Peppers for puree. Add them into food processor with sugar, blitz until smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, bell pepper puree, and vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Then stir in carrots and pour mix into prepared pan.
- Bake in oven for 30 – 50 mins. After 30 mins check if the cake is completely baked by picking it with a toothpick. If the toothpick is clean, the cake has finished baking.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 mins. Place cake on wire cooling rack and cool completely.
- To make the icing, use a medium bowl and mix in the cream cheese, confectioner’s sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Then fold in diced apples.
- After the cake is completely cooled, ice the cake.
Chef’s Tip: You can substitute diced green apples with diced pineapples to create a sweeter icing.