- Wash Mini Sweet Peppers before preparing.
- Sterilize mason jars before preparing Peppers.
- Slice Mini Sweet Peppers to create Pepper rings.
- Pour water into each mason jar to come within ½ inch from the rim.
- Take mason jar and pour water to fill up a measuring cup. Note the volume, pour off half the water, and replace it with vinegar to bring back to full volume. Add 2 tablespoons salt and 2 tablespoons sugar for every 3 cups of the water-vinegar mixture. Repeat for second mason jar.
- Pour vinegar mixture into a sauce pan and add all secondary ingredients.
- Bring vinegar mixture to a boil on high heat for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pack Pepper rings of all three colors into mason jars. Pour liquid into jars to fully cover the Pepper rings. Screw on lids tightly.
- Refrigerate for up to 1 month, leaving longer for stronger pickle flavor.
For best results, leave your Peppers to marinate in the pickling mixture for at least 1 week before eating. If you don’t have all the pickling spices on hand, you can also substitute a pre-made pickling mixture! You can also pickle your Mini Sweet Peppers whole to cut down on the preparation process.