- Wash all produce before cooking.
- Preheat broiler on high and roast Bell Peppers for up to 15 minutes, or until the skin is nicely charred. Allow to cool before peeling, seeding, and pureeing.
- Bring medium pot of water to a boil and cook pasta to al dente, roughly 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the water and return pasta to pot. At the same time, heat milk on stove top or in microwave until warm.
- Melt butter in a deep saucepan over medium heat. Sprinkle in flour, whisking to create a smooth paste. Turn to medium-high heat, then add warm milk. Add small handfuls of the shredded cheese one handful at a time, continuing to whisk until a smooth sauce has formed. Reserve ¼ cup of your cheese for final topping.
- Add pureed Bell Peppers, smoked paprika, Dijon mustard, and salt and pepper to the sauce. Pour sauce onto your noodles to evenly coat them and cook over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Top your final dish with the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake uncovered until cheese is bubbling and golden brown, roughly 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool, serve, and enjoy!
This recipe can be completely customized to fit your family! Include your family’s favorite pastas or cheeses, and feel free to use gluten-free flour, pasta, or breadcrumbs for a gluten-free option.