- Wash all vegetables before cutting.
- Cut your TOMZ® Red Cherry Tomatoes in half, dice your Long English Cucumbers, and slice your watermelon into bite-sized chunks.
- Mix your cut-up produce into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Stir.
- Chop the fresh mint leaves into small pieces and garnish your salad.
- Enjoy this simple, tasty salad with your family!
Switch up the garnish to add a different flavor to the salad – instead of mint, try fresh basil leaves!
Lycopene is an antioxidant that helps fight cancer-causing free radicals in your body. Ycopene is absorbed even better in the presence of fat. The olive oil in this recipe is perfect for increasing the incredible power of the lycopene in tomatoes and watermelon.
Recipe by Noelle Martin MScFN RD. Noelle is a dietitian and mom of three boys. She has a passion for educating, inspiring, and supporting others to make the heathiest choices possible with the resources available. Noelle has a blog where she shares recipes, nutrition tips, and snapshots of her journey through motherhood. Noelle also has a private practice and teaches courses at a Brescia University College in Ontario, Canada.
Check out Noelle on Instagram: @motherhoodandmeals