- Peel, seed & finely chop Roma Tomatoes while cutting eggplant into 1.5cm thick slices.
- Preheat grill to medium. Brush eggplant with 2 tbsp. olive oil and grill for 8 minutes then flip.
- Grill for another 8 minutes, until soft and golden. Cool slightly, and then chop roughly.
- Stir remaining olive oil, finely chopped garlic, spices and harissa in a frying pan over medium heat for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add eggplant and Tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes or until thick and well combined.
- Stir in lemon juice & season.
Chef’s Tip: Pureé & make this recipe into a great dip or sandwich spread.