- Wash produce before baking.
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat it to 400°F.
- Butter an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Whisk cornmeal, flour, sugar, red chili flakes, baking powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl to blend. Add creamed corn, Red Bell Peppers, butter and egg. Mix everything together to form batter.
- Spoon batter into baking pan.
- Bake cornbread for about 20 minutes, until the edges begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. To check if the bread is completely baked, pick it with a toothpick in the middle of the pan; if it is clean the bread has finished baking.
- Remove bread from pan once cooled.
You can also bake in muffin tins for individual cornbread.