- Wash all produce before cooking.
- Peel squash and cut into 2-inch chunks. Core and halve Bell Peppers.
- Place squash in roasting dish and drizzle with 1 tbsp. of avocado oil and roast at 400 F for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, turn squash pieces over, add Bell Pepper halves to the pan, and roast for an additional 10-15 minutes or until all pieces are softened.
- Once vegetables are roasted, place them into a high-powered blender or food processor with all other ingredients and blend until smooth. Heat and serve.
This soup is a wonderful source of beta carotene which is a powerful antioxidant and precursor for vitamin A – this means that the body can create an active form of vitamin A from its ingredients. Vitamin A is used for cellular, bone, and eye health.
Time Saver Tip
If you like the idea of fresh soup but want to cut down your prep time, roast the vegetables ahead of time and blend the ingredients when you are ready to eat. And of course, soup makes for an amazing freezer meal that can be pulled out for a quick dish at any time of the day!