- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
- Slice carrots ½ inch thick and add to pan. Sauté for 3-4 minutes. Chop Bell Peppers, onion, thyme, and zucchini while mincing garlic. Add the remainder of the vegetables into the pan and sauté for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, Add 1 cup broth, and all seasoning into the pan; simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes additional minutes
- Add remaining broth to a pan at medium heat. As the broth begins to boil, add rice, salt & pepper; cover.
- Stem rice for about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve vegetable mixture atop rice.
Chef’s Tip: To add a different flavor, substitute vegetable broth for chicken or beef broth.