- Wash all produce before cooking.
- Preheat broiler on high and roast your Red Bell Peppers for up to 15 minutes, or until the skin is nicely charred. Set aside and allow to cool before peeling, seeding, and pureeing.
- In a deep saucepan, heat up your olive oil over medium heat and add your diced Yellow and Orange Bell Peppers, onions, carrots and celery. Season with salt and pepper, cooking until everything has softened.
- Add the remaining spices and garlic, cooking for an additional 1-2 minutes. Then add your stock, lentils, tomato paste, and pureed roasted Peppers.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover the saucepan with a lid and simmer for 25 minutes or until the lentils are cooked. Add additional broth if needed.
- Just before serving, add the cilantro, diced Tomatoes, and green onions to your soup. Serve and enjoy!
To make this soup even healthier, add some of your favorite greens such as spinach, arugula, or chopped kale.