- Wash all produce before cooking.
- To begin preparing the salsa, cook bacon strips until crispy, then chop into smaller pieces.
- Using 1 tablespoon of bacon grease, add diced Peppers, red onion, and kernelled corn to your pan. Cook 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Take salsa out of pan and add diced avocados and quartered Cherry Tomatoes, and gently mix to combine all ingredients.
- To cook scallops, heat up butter and oil in pan, then add scallops to pan to sear. Ensure all scallops have been patted dry with a paper towel before searing.
- Sear the scallops for 6-8 minutes, flipping halfway through. Let the scallops rest for 2-3 minutes. Serve scallops on top of a helping of salsa for an easy, colorful, and flavor-rich appetizer!
If you have extra salsa, try serving it with shrimp, on a cooked chicken breast, or in a fish taco!