- Slice Bell Peppers and dice onion.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the Bell Peppers.
- Mix well, shaping the mixture into 1 inch sized meatballs.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add meat balls and cook in batches for 10 minutes, browning all sides.
- Sauté Bell Peppers in a large sauce pan with a teaspoon of olive oil. Season with salt & pepper; cook for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Add Bell Peppers to meatballs and heat for an additional 5 minutes, ensuring that the internal temperature is 165˚.
- Serve on a large platter.
- Garnish with fresh parmesan cheese and fresh basil (optional).
Chef’s tip: To cut out extra fat, use lean chicken or turkey and substitute stock with low sodium chicken stock. This recipe is also great for meat ball sandwiches!