- Sauté Bell Peppers, onions, and mushrooms in avocado oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic puree on medium heat until vegetables are softened.
- Once vegetables are cooked through, stir in seasoning, black beans, quinoa, and shredded cheese.
- Spoon mixture into non-stick (or greased) mini muffin tin pods.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites and pour a small amount over vegetable mixture in each muffin pod.
- Add more cheese on top if desired and bake at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes (or until cooked through).
Serving Ideas: These egg bites are a great option for any meal or snack of the day. They can be served on their own or with a mixed greens salad, an avocado and Tomato salad, and/or whole grain toast.
Nutrition Tip: These egg bites are packed with nutrition, with high quality protein from egg whites, quinoa, cheese, and black beans, fiber from quinoa, black beans, and veggies, and many vitamins, minerals, and antioxidant from veggies, quinoa, and black beans!
Time Saver Tip: If you would like to serve these hot for breakfast but need a shorter prep time, complete steps 1-2 when making supper the night before, and then move forward with steps 3-5 when you wake in the morning!