- Wash all produce before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Tomatoes, Peppers, black beans, corn, red onions, chili, cumin, limes, cilantro, and salt and pepper. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes before cooking. Drain excess liquid before building your casserole.
- Spray a 12” pie dish with non-stick spray. Lay one tortilla on the bottom of the dish, followed by about a quarter of your vegetable mixture. Then add a quarter of your shredded chicken and a quarter of your shredded cheddar cheese. Continue layering your casserole until you add your final tortilla on top.
- Add crumbled queso fresca on top of your last tortilla, as well as any leftover vegetable mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes. Garnish with green onions. Allow to cool before cutting the casserole into pie-shaped servings. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe can be customized to include your favorite ingredients. Swap the flour tortillas for corn, add more toppings like jalapenos, avocado, or black olives, or add in your go-to hot sauce or homemade salsa.