- Using a mandolin or a vegetable peeler, thinly slice the cucumber lengthways into slices that are 1/16 inch thick. Place the slices on a paper towel while the filling is being prepared.
- Slice half the gala apple into slivers and set aside until it’s time to roll up the cucumbers.
- Dice the remaining gala apple.
- In a medium bowl, add your diced apples and lemon juice and mix them together. Then combine the diced apples and lemon juice mix with the ricotta cheese and powdered sugar. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the filling and the slivered apples on the closest end of each cucumber slice to you.
- Roll the cucumber slice away from you and use a toothpick to secure the roll together.
- Chill your cucumber roll ups in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
Chef’s Tip: For a vegan option, you can use hummus and apples as filling instead of ricotta cheese.