- Wash all produce before cooking.
- Roast Bell Peppers and Tomatoes in the oven until slightly charred. Let cool before removing the skin.
- Combine roasted Peppers and Tomatoes with all ingredients (except olive oil) in a food processor or blender. Process into a thick puree. With the motor running, add a steady stream of olive oil into the blended mixture to form a smooth sauce.
- Cover sauce and allow to sit at room temperature for at least one hour before serving.
- To start preparing shrimp, peel and devein the shrimp if necessary.
- Heat up oil in a pan over medium heat. Once hot, place shrimp in the pan and sear on both sides until shrimp is opaque. Add garlic, salt, and pepper halfway through cooking, and add lemon at the end.
- Drizzle the Romesco Sauce onto the bottom of your serving plate and stand the shrimp up on top of sauce, or toss your shrimp in the Romesco Sauce. Serve and enjoy!
Your Romesco Sauce will last in the refrigerator for several weeks. To use it up, pair with your favorite grilled meats, grilled vegetables, and other seafood options!