- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350 °F
- Place thin slices of the baguette on a large baking sheet.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Toast in the oven for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on the baking sheet.
- Cut Tomatoes into halves.
- In a bowl, combine Tomatoes, diced onions, diced jalapeño, chopped basil, vinegar, finely chopped garlic, and the remainder of olive oil.
- Season mixture with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the Tomato mixture onto the toasted bread.
Chef’s Tip: To repurpose this appetizer into a meal, omit the baguette and use as a topping on white fish or chicken.