- Dice Bell Peppers, Cucumber, Tomatoes, parsley and mint leaves.
- Mince garlic cloves.
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add remainder of ingredients except pita, toss well.
- Toast pita bread until golden brown and break into pieces the size of a quarter.
- Add pita to salad just prior to serving.
Chef’s tip: Serve as a side salad, a meze plate accompaniment, or as a filling in a pita sandwich with some grilled vegetables and roasted chicken or lamb. Delicious.