- Wash all produce before preparing.
- Mix oil, seasoning, water, and 1 tbsp. of fresh lime juice together in a bowl and set aside.
- Slice Bell Peppers and onion and place them into a fry pan with 1-2 tbsp. of water. Sauté on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add half of the seasoning mixture and continue to sauté and stir the vegetables until they are cooked through. This will likely take about 10 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, cut the chicken or beef into thin slices. Place the slices of meat in a separate non-stick fry pan along with 2 tbsp. of water to keep the moisture. Cook them over medium heat until cooked through/juices run clear for the chicken and to desired doneness for the beef.
- When the meat is done cooking, stir in the remaining seasoning mixture.
- Serve with shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, and mashed avocado!
Fajitas are full of colorful foods that offer vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They are also a wonderful source of protein and fiber.
For a vegan version of these fajitas, replace the meat with thinly sliced zucchini and black beans or tofu and nutritional yeast and replace the cheese with cashew cheese or an alternate vegan cheese. Looking to add a boost of vitamin B12? Try adding nutritional yeast to your toppings!
Time Saver Tip
To save on time, try cutting up the vegetables ahead of time!