- Wash all produce before cooking.
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a medium-sized pot. Rinse brown rice with a fine mesh strainer, then boil rice uncovered for 25-30 minutes
- In a separate stock pot, heat up olive oil over medium heat and cook ground beef until browned. Drain beef and set aside.
- In the stock pot, add onions, carrots, and celery and cook for 5 minutes. Then add garlic and Peppers to mixture and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Next, add both your canned and fresh Tomatoes to the mixture, as well as your cooked ground beef, herbs, and stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a low setting and simmer for up to 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When rice is done cooking, drain and set aside. When serving your soup, divide rice into bowls and cover with a hearty helping of soup. Garnish with fresh parsley and parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!
We suggest serving this soup with your favorite crusty bread or a light salad.