The holiday season tends to be full of opportunities to enjoy decadent treats. So we decided it would be fun to share tips for a healthy holiday season and a few festive and healthy recipes that you can enjoy to stay nourished between, and even at, holiday parties!
Speaking of holiday parties, are you bringing an appetizer to your work party this year?
If so, here are a few ideas that are bound to be crowd pleasers!
- Adding Snacking Tomatoes and bocconcini to toothpicks or your favorite food-pick.
- Make bruschetta topped with Tomatoes, cilantro, and feta cheese.
- Create an edible centerpiece by creating a wreath made of Cucumber slices and Tomatoes. You can serve this with roasted red pepper hummus, our Bell Pepper Quinoa Dip, or cottage cheese mixed with salsa or bruschetta.
- Make a Tomato, white bean, and avocado dip.
- Make an apple “Christmas Tree” with sliced apple and your favorite nut or seed butter, shredded coconut, and pomegranate seeds. To create a “fruit and cheese” platter, replace the nut butter with crackers and add chunks of white cheese with the coconut.
Whether you are hosting a meal with many guests, or just making a Wednesday night supper for your immediate family, adding touches of red and green creates a fun and festive feel. Here are a few delicious ideas!
- Feta Bruschetta Chicken
- Salmon with Roasted Tomatoes and Asparagus
- One Pot Gnocchi Bake with Edamame, Tomatoes, Peppers, and Goat Cheese, or Zucchini and Red Peppers
- Tomato-based soup or salads
- Golden Chicken with Cauliflower Rice and Diced Peppers
Tips for Enjoying a Healthy Holiday Season
And if you are looking for strategies to finish strong in 2019, check out these tips from Nature Fresh Farms’ Registered Dietitian, Noelle Martin.